Frequently Asked Questions
The first thing you need to do is to provide us with your business information so that we can send you the proper registration forms for compliance review and approval. These forms can be requested by calling us at 1-800-999-3463. We can email or fax you the needed documents to complete and return to us. These forms are required by the government to ensure our practices are ethical. Once we have this documentation we can create an account for you to do business with United upon approval from our compliance department.
In order for us to process your material to give you back the best return we need as much information as you can provide about the material you are sending in. We provide you a packing list on our website or you can call 1-800-999-3463 and we can email or fax you the form. The more information you fill in on this document the better we can process your material to your specific requirements. Please be sure to clearly print your name, contact information, phone number, and your weights at shipping. We will verify the information in our receiving department when we receive your shipment.
The type of material will determine how long it takes to process. Please refer to the following schedule:
- High Grade Gold Scrap – 1-2 business days
- High Grade Silver Scrap – 7-10 business days
- High Grade Platinum / Palladium – 5-7 business days
- Bench Sweeps / Filings – 7-10 business days
- Polishing Sweeps – 15 business days
- Floor/Blower Sweeps – 15 business days
United PMR does not have a minimum quantity requirement however there are minimum charges. The basic rule of thumb is that you should wait until you have accumulated as follows before sending your material in for processing:
- High Grade Gold Scrap – 1 troy ounce or 20 dwt
- High Grade Silver Scrap – 30 troy ounces
- High Grade Platinum / Palladium – ½ troy ounce
- Polishing / Blower Sweeps – 5 lbs.