(800) 999-FINE

Investment Gold Coins - Gold Eagles / Maple Leafs / Krugerrands

The beauty of gold lies in its ability to diversify investments, protect wealth and preserve one's purchasing power. It is universally accepted and can be easily bought and sold around the world.

Gold coins are real, tangible assets, and throughout history, have been an excellent hedge against inflation, deflation and political uncertainty.

Fractional gold bullion coins are a very important component of every gold portfolio. There are two huge benefits to fractional gold coins. The first benefit is based on the U.S. Government's monetary policy which may cause our dollar to break down causing the dollar to be worth its intrinsic value (paper). We may need to use bullion coins to pay for goods and services, the fractional coins will be extremely helpful in that regard.

Secondly, fractional gold coins break your wealth into smaller denominations. In addition, the price of gold has been extremely strong and may continue to flourish, if this trend continues gold coins will be very sought after. They will be in reach of many more gold investors and consequently will only carry a higher premium over their larger counterparts as time goes on.

American Gold Eagles

The American Gold Eagle is an official gold bullion coin of the United States. The United States Mint first released it in 1986.

The composition of the Eagle is 91.67% fine gold, 3% fine silver and 5.33% copper, which produce a more wear resistant coin.

The American Eagle contains 1 T/oz (or 0.1 T/oz) of fine gold and is dated with Roman Numerals.

Canadian Gold Maple Leaf

The Canadian Maple Leaf is the official bullion gold coin of Canada and is produced by the Royal Canadian Mint.

The coin was first introduced in 1979 and is one of the purest gold coins of regular issue in the world. It contains virtually no base metals at all- only gold exclusively from the gold mines in Canada.


The Krugerrand was introduced in 1967 as a vehicle for private ownership of gold.

The Krugerrand is 32.6 mm in diameter and 2.74 mm thick. The Krugerrand's actual weight is 1.0909 troy ounces (33.93g).  It is minted from gold alloy that is 91.67% pure (22 karat), so the coin contains one troy ounce of (31.1035g) of gold.  The remaining 8.33% of the coin's weight is copper which gives the Krugerrand a more orange appearance than silver-alloyed gold coins.  Gold alloy coins are harder and more durable, so they can resist scratches and dents.

Precious Metal Spot Prices

  Bid Change
Gold $1,860.36 -$7.73/-0.41%
Silver $22.94 -$0.23/-0.99%
Platinum $846.74 -$4.95/-0.58%
Palladium $2,205.89 -$25.11/-1.12%
Gold 2020-09-25 12:46 PM
Bid/Ask $1,860.36/$1,861.09
High/Low $1,875.21/$1,852.32
Change -$7.73/-0.41%
Silver 2020-09-25 12:46 PM
Bid/Ask $22.94/$22.96
High/Low $23.31/$22.43
Change -$0.23/-0.99%
Platinum 2020-09-25 12:46 PM
Bid/Ask $846.74/$848.25
High/Low $865.98/$836.58
Change -$4.95/-0.58%
Palladium 2020-09-25 12:46 PM
Bid/Ask $2,205.89/$2,214.89
High/Low $2,244.80/$2,196.29
Change -$25.11/-1.12%

+ Show detail

Prices shown are for reference only. Please contact our trading desk for accurate, up-to-the-minute pricing.